Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Boy No One LovedBoy No One Loved by Casey Watson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Casey Watson is a foster-carer for special needs children who leaves her old job to focus more on helping problematic children one on one. Along with her husband and their two children, they passionately giving themselves in helping out the children to sort things out.

This story is about a boy, Justin who were raised by his mother who had been struggling with problems of her own along with his two younger brothers. In a very young age, Justin had been exposed and had experienced lots and lots of hard things that really gave an impact on his life mentally and emotionally.Through the story,heartbreaking and shocking events that happen to Justin makes me feel very sad and sorry for him. He had been in many placements of foster-carers and had been behaving very badly due to the unsettled emotional and mental things that had happened inside. It's tear-jerking and remarkable when you follow through the story of Justin from the moment he came into the house of Watsons until the end of the special-fostering program.

This is my first time reading a book by Casey Watson and I find her writing style is enjoyable. As it was told from her own real-life experiences, it makes it close & warm to my heart.I love the way she relate a character in the book to a relevant event in the past that makes it more understandable for me 'to be in' the character.

In the future, I would like to try on the other books written by Casey Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment